£75 - £90 per day
14 days ago
Special Needs Teaching Assistant - Greenwich South East London
Remedy Education are currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant for a Special Needs school in Greenwich working with children with autism and profound and multiple learning disabilities. The role is full time and will start on a long-term basis for the rest of the academic year at least, until July 2021 and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate.
The school is an Outstanding Ofsted rated school providing for students with severe and profound and multiple learning disabilities and autism (SLD, PMLD and autism ASD / ASC) aged between 2 and 11 years old. Students can also have physical disabilities, medical and care needs, sensory and behavioural difficulties.
- Experience supporting young people with profound and multiple learning disabilities, PMLD
- Trained in moving and handling, hoisting and or Team Teach
- Experience using PECS, Makaton, ABA, Intensive interaction
- Positive and friendly approach
- A caring and professional manner, willing to support with the personal care of pupils
- Must have legal right to work in the UK
This is a full time position starting ASAP, on a long term ongoing basis. The school is located in Greenwich South East London with Great Transport links from London.
Students are engaged in a variety of ways in and out of the classroom from swimming in the school's hydrotherapy pool on site, physio sessions to inclusive floor play for students who require the use of wheelchairs. For these students, experience and training is beneficial with moving and handling and or hoisting, although if you have not done this before the school can provide training.
To be accepted for this role you must have experience working in a school and hold a current DBS.