£75 - £85 per day
13 days ago
Special needs teaching assistant needed in Waltham Forest
Do you have a background in SEMH, SEBD or ASD? Have you had experience with challenging behaviour? Do you have Team Teach or MAPA training? Can you start ASAP?
This specialist school based in Waltham Forest is looking for a special needs teaching assistant with experience of working with challenging children and young people. This is a specialist SEN school that caters for young people include depression, ASD, ADHD, Complex needs, obsessive compulsive disorder and attachment disorders.
Special needs teaching assistants will have the opportunity to work in this outstanding school with an international reputation in special education expertise, curriculum and resources.
Special needs teaching assistants must have experience working with mental health problems and complex SEN needs.
This school believes that all young people should be provided with appropriate education in a safe, stable, containing learning environment.
Special needs teaching assistant will be working with a secondary aged pupils who has severe complex needs including attachment disorder. Students are academic and they range from mild learning difficulties to gifted and talented.
Special needs teaching assistants are given opportunities to succeed through the use of highly personalised individual education plans to help support their students.
The Therapeutic Education Department works closely with the nurses, doctors and therapists at the centre and with a wide range of professionals in the community.
This role starts September!!
- Special needs teaching assistants will need excellent behaviour management skills
- Be able to build positive relationships with young people and staff
- Team Teach or similar restraint training certificate
- Good knowledge/experience working with children with SEMH within an Special needs environment
- Special needs teaching assistants will need experience working with secondary aged pupils
- Special needs teaching assistants will be collaborating with the classroom teacher to define appropriate activities for the pupils in relation to the curriculum
- Assessing children who have long or short-term learning difficulties and working with colleagues to identify individual pupils' special needs
- Liaising with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists, physiotherapists and educational psychologists
This is a full time/long term position and will lead to permanent if successful.
Skills and experience required are as follows:
- Mental Health experience
- Excellent behaviour management
- Current DBS on the update service
- Classroom experience
- Working with primary or secondary
- Full UK driving Licence
- Available to start in September
The schools offers: - A committed and enthusiastic staff.
- Quality professional development.
- An exciting opportunity to shape the future of the school and to set the culture for achievement and progress for all of the pupils.
- Purposeful, happy and supportive environment with learning for all at its centre.
If you engage the students in a positive way, this will be a very satisfying role, which would look great on your CV.
Your application will be passed onto the client and if we do not contact you directly, your application was unsuccessful on this occasion.