5 months ago
Special Needs Teacher - PMLD - Lambeth, South East London
Are you an experienced SEN or SEND Teacher who is looking for a new opportunity?
Are you passionate about making a difference and working with special needs children?
Remedy Education are looking for a qualified SEN Teacher to join our SEN school based in Lambeth, South East London. The school look after students with PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties) who need extra support within the classroom.
You will be teaching and supporting with Art for 2 days a week then covering lessons for 3 days.
We are looking for experienced teachers who are kind, nurturing and have a passion for supporting students.
- ASAP Start
- £140-180 a day
- Long term to permanent role
- Based within a SEN school in Lambeth
- Full time
- Monday to Friday
The Candidate - Special Needs Teacher - PMLD
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Previous experience of teaching students with SEN (PMLD)
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum
- Skilfully able to plan effective lessons and differentiate based on each child's individual needs
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment
- Reliable & punctual
- Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
- Ability to develop rapport with SEN individuals
- Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN
- Any experience of Makaton, Intensive Interaction, Rapid Prompting Method and other relevant approaches to communication and play are advantageous but not essential
Our school based in Lambeth has amazing staff and students with great transport links from central London.
If you think you are the right person for this role then please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more information.