10 days ago
Our client, Southwark Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their assessment and intervention team.
To provide a social work service to members of the local community to include an appropriate range of statutory duties with the more vulnerable clients or those with complex problems. The postholder may be expected to accept responsibility for action in relation to the liberty or safety of clients in emergency situations
- To hold a recognised social work qualification and be registered with the General Social Care Council
- Experience of assessments and childcare planning for children in need
- Experience of child protection
- Experience of planning for children being looked after.
- Experience of working with behaviourally and emotionally disturbed children and young people
- Experience of working in partnership with parents and other agencies in constructing cost effective care packages
- Experience of using new technology for word processing and data input.
- Knowledge and understanding of current issues and social work practice, particularly relating to assessments, childcare planning and leaving care.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.