10 days ago
Our client, Southampton City Council is looking for a Service Manager to join their Learning Disabilities teams.
Purpose of the Job
To direct, lead and manage the services relating to Learning Disabilities providing a multi-agency, strengths based approach to work undertaken through statutory support and services provided, where indicated for Adults in Southampton taking a lead role in developing the interface across internal and external agencies to provide an approach that maximises independence and provide quality access to social care and related services.
This role will ensure the team have the right conversations, have access to the best information and knowledge of what is available in communities and provides high quality information, advice and guidance to residents and through a strengths-based, person centred approach to assessment and review to support people to identify all the assets and support that will enable them to remain as independent as possible and/or to access specialist / statutory services where appropriate.
This post will seek to promote the health, social and financial wellbeing of people by providing integrated advice, guidance and assessment in Adult Social Care, Housing and Welfare, Health services, community, voluntary sector and social enterprise focussing on prevention and early intervention, working closely with other key partners and other professionals
The Service Manager will lead the strategic direction of this function and create a culture of working together better and lead and develop 'the team'. The post will develop strong partnership working by building effective relationships with other departments, external agencies and communities while ensuring the legislative basis of the department is met, promote the prevention agenda and provide assessment for services that are easy to understand and timely to people in need of social care support.
- To manage and lead the Team providing a multi-skilled and strengths-based approach to assessment and statutory adult social care services.
- Taking a lead role in developing the interface across internal and external agencies, preventative, community and statutory social care and related services.
- To be responsible for ensuring that the work of the service complies with all relevant legislation and statutory guidance including, but not limited to the Care Act 2014, the Mental Health Act, the Mental Capacity Act and the wider strategies for health and social care in Southampton.
- To work with all services to improve the customer experience through innovative and creative service improvements aligned to the Customer Services Strategy.
- Be responsible for monitoring, reporting and accounting for the service budget in accordance with Council policies and procedures/financial plan.
- The post will hold responsibility for quality, outcomes focussed and timely responses of assessment to the public and to other agencies.
- To understand the financial arrangements for the public when accessing social care and manage / develop the team to ensure they can hold and relay the statutory requirements relating to financial pathways.
- To ensure that managers and staff follow the Council's financial procedures at all times both to support people to maximise their income and to manage the councils' financial requirements.
- To develop effective performance and management information systems to meet statutory and senior management requirement, and to enable the efficient targeting and monitoring of resources.
- To enable residents to maximise their independence and choice while safeguarding vulnerable adults.
- Demonstrate strong and motivational leadership to ensure all staff are informed and understand their roles, creating an environment where staff can excel and are committed to providing high standards to the public as the first point of contact.
- To provide overarching management and supervision of social work practice and compliance with relevant legislative requirements.
- To ensure that information is provided in an easily accessible and timely way that enables residents to self-help and be independent for as long as possible with the core offer informed from availability of support within the persons 'place'.
- To ensure that when referrals to specialist or longer term functions is required that this is done in a timely way so that the person will not have to wait longer than necessary or have to provide their information multiple times.
- Ensure that the team treat residents in a respectful, person centred way building rapport through a strengths-based approach, be responsive and provide a customer-focused approach in the delivery of social care.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.