South Tyneside, Tyne and Wear
£157 - £157.41 per day
about 1 month ago
Our client, South Tyneside Council is looking for a social worker to join their Integrated Looked After Children team.
Key Tasks of the Post:
- To act as lead professional / key worker for an agreed caseload responsible for the delivery of effective and timely interventions to children, young people in or leaving the looked after system in accordance with current legislation, guidance, procedures and priorities.
- To help ensure the implementation of successful permanency plans through the most appropriate legal and care pathway and the successful implementation of plans for those leaving care, including Personal Adviser responsibilities for those facing particular complexities in making the transition to adulthood, and those care leavers termed 'relevant'.
- To ensure all allocated cases are subject to appropriate review in relation to individual need, local and national policy and legislation and that the views of children, young people and their families are sought in advance of any formal meetings to support their full contribution and engagement in assessment, planning and review processes.
- To work in partnership with other team members and professionals to ensure that interventions are delivered holistically using Team around the Child/Family and Think Family approaches and deliver a positive journey for children / young people and families through intervention and support.
- To attend and represent the Council within agreed formal processes such as Child Protection/Looked after reviews and at Court as required.
- To ensure that record keeping and report writing is timely and accurate and fully compliant with the Council's ITC and recording systems and evidences the voice of the child / young person and their journey.
- To take responsibility for ensuring individual practice is subject to continuous improvement and meets with local and national professional standards, including attending training and professional development events and activities relevant to the role and necessary for registration with the HCPC.
- To participate in such activities as directed by the team manager that contribute to ongoing review and improvement of practice and service standards within a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- To work within the Councils scheme of delegation and authorisation and ensuring that all recommendations and decisions are brought to the attention of the designated manager
- To manage time and resources in accordance with the Councils flexible working arrangements, undertaking interventions where appropriate outside of office hours
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE THE CORRECT EXPERIENCE - YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.