£36 - £38 per hour
2 months ago
Our client, Somerset CC is looking for a Social Worker to join their Looked after childrens team
A. Make on-going assessments of allocated cases to reflect individual circumstances
including assessment of risk, enabling independent functioning, and need to ensure that service
users are protected from significant harm.
- Responsible for a caseload of varying complexity, commensurate with experience, ability
- and qualification, receiving and responding to referrals from various sources.
- Risk Assessment to ensure children and young people are protected. To respond to
- needs identified by specifying and delivering evidence-based interventions as required.
- Statutory and best practice reviews and comply with appropriate legislation, policy and
- Assess financial safeguarding and care needs in consultation with other professionals and
- agencies and agree levels of support.
B. Managing risk and safeguarding.
- Identify risk and safeguarding concerns and escalate immediately where appropriate.
C. Prepare and present reports as necessary to facilitate proper decisions being made in
respect of service users and to provide quality assurance.
- Provide information, written assessments, reports and statements to support other service
- professionals, managers and the courts in making decisions related to care.
- Maintain file records relating to service users to a high standard in accordance with
- relevant legislation, policy and procedures.
- To contribute to ensuring the successful completion of Quality Assurance processes within
- the team.
D Facilitate the provision of a needs-led service, working with providers within Social
Services, Somerset Partnership and independent and voluntary sectors in order to meet
- Assess the needs of children and carers and facilities under the appropriate statutory
- Access resources and services for families and carers which will assist them in caring
- appropriately for their children.
- Develop, facilitate and maintain effective joint working relationships, with primary care,
- housing, police and any other agencies as appropriate.
E. Establish appropriate professional relationships with service users, their families and other
professionals to enable effective partnerships in the provision of services.
- Build and maintain appropriate professional relationships and networks when working
- with children and their families and carers.
- Contribute to multi-agency team working, and participate in multi-agency meetings. Act
- as a lead worker as required engaging with other professionals on specific areas of expertise.
- Enable individual's families and carers to address issues which affect their health, financial,
- emotional and social wellbeing.
- Promote children and young people's equality, diversity and rights, by applying,
- maintaining and evaluating systems and structures in an anti-discriminatory way.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.