East Sussex, England
£25.00 - £27.00 per hour + Depending on experience
3 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Solicitor for Adult Social Care Law to work within East Sussex County Council.
- To act upon instructions to carry out the objectives of client departments, utilising the post-holders skills, expertise and knowledge.
- To advise client departments of legal and other consequences of proposed courses of action, so as to enable them to give or modify instructions effectively.
- To notify the Senior Solicitor of any instructions or events that would result in a breach of any legislation, common law, standing order or rule of propriety or would constitute a course of action amounting to maladministration.
- To review the general activities of the Council in the areas of law and practice that may be assigned to the post and to consider and propose alternative or different courses of action to ensure effective implementation of client proposals or achievement of objectives or resolve client problems and/or to ensure best practice within the Legal Services Team, particularly in the light of changes of developments in the law.
- To undertake casework across a range of legal services provided by the Department as required; particular areas of law may be assigned to the post, but it is essential that post holder should be able and willing to carry our a variety of legal work in support of an effective legal services team. The post-holder may be required to give advice to Members/ Committees
- To ensure all work is carried out to the standards required by arrangement with the client and by any policy or practice management standards adopted.
- To be aware of the cost to the client of individual activities. To make reasonable estimates of likely costs to clients for the effective implementation of instructions and to advise the Senior Solicitor in the event that such estimates are agreed where fixed costs are likely to be exceeded.
- To participate in the appraisal process currently in place and to participate in training and development activities identified as a result of that process.
- To ensure that the Council's equalities and health and safety policies are observed.
- To undertake available training opportunities and show a commitment to continuous development, to maximise your potential and ensure the efficient and effective delivery of County Council services.
- Undertake any other tasks commensurate with the grading of the post.
- Lead meetings/team discussions to solve problems and implement solutions
- Advise, guide and train less experienced staff effectively
- Undertake a complex caseload with minimum supervision
- Creative and robust interpretation and application of the law, procedure and other requirements applicable to local authorities and public bodies
- Ability to make professional evaluation of all legal aspects and to deal with complicated and multifaceted issues with minimal supervision and guidance
- Ensure that all legal arrangements are in place for the effective management of risk across the Council
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly