Up to £320 per day
12 days ago
Senior Social Workers Required Herefordshire Council - ***£320 PER DAY***
- Employer: Herefordshire Council
- Team: Safeguarding
- Working Hours: 9AM-5PM
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location: Herefordshire Council Nelson Centre HR4 0DG
- Contract Length: All contracts are ongoing, as long as both parties are happy
- Ensure that the welfare of the child or young person is paramount at all times.
- Help families to keep their children safe and where this is not possible take appropriate action to safeguard them.
- Carry out assessments within government and departmental prescribed timescales and standards, as required by the Practice and/or Principal Manager.
- Ensure that children, young people and their families are fully involved in assessments and plans to support them.
- Ensure that children's records are maintained in accordance with Departmental procedures, and that information required for management purposes is recorded and inputted appropriately.
- Ensure that the department's and authority's resources are deployed efficiently and effectively at all times.
- Be responsible for the allocation of appropriate tasks to social work assistants/pod co-ordinators, and provide the necessary support and guidance for the completion of those tasks.
- Take personal responsibility for continuing professional development and progression in line with the Professional Capabilities Framework and for achieving and maintaining the required level of performance for the post including accreditation in the Certificate of Systemic Practice.
- To be responsible for effective time management and responding flexibly to the needs of the service.
- To provide support and cover for other staff/pods as required by the practice and/or principal Manager.
- To actively participate in the performance management system including pod meetings, personal supervision, Performance Appraisal Review (PAR), team meetings, and reviews of service.
- To ensure that departmental health and safety procedures and standards are followed in the performance of all duties.
- To have commitment to developing skills through work experience in a range of divisional situations i.e. routine secondments, job rotation, shadowing and observations of practice.
- To take responsibility under the direction of the principal or practice manager for the support of social work students on placement and act as workplace supervisor or practice educator if appropriately trained.
- To have responsibility for sharing learning by participating in training and other learning opportunities across the service.
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier to numerous local authorities throughout London giving us access to jobs before other agencies.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Option to be paid on either Wednesday or Friday.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Elliot Murphy on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.