10 days ago
Our client Shropshire Council are looking for an experienced AMHP (Approved Mental Health Practitioner) to join their friendly team, for approximately 12 week placement. The role is partially office based, completing assessments with option for some home working.
The post holder will be:
responsible to the Case Management 1 Team Manager who is in turn responsible for the post holder's health and safety, training and development.
1. To visit and work with families as required, assessing and re-assessing children's needs and to carry out duties under the Children Act with particular references to Sections 17 and 47.
2. To act as a Case Manager where children are identified as being in need and co-ordinate Core Groups, as appropriate.
3. To act as Key Worker in cases where a Child Protection Plan is in operation.
4. To provide and contribute to Initial and Core Assessments as required.
5. To contribute to and to develop ways of identifying and assessing children determined to be in need within the criteria set out in the Children's Services Plan.
6. To provide children and families with particular information and advice to assist in resolving problems.
7. To liaise with other agencies on behalf of service users, to co-ordinate the various resources and arrange specific types of assistance.
8. To carry out statutory duties as authorised by the Group Manager, Safeguarding Service and The People's Director.
9. To present evidence and reports to Courts as required. 10. To attend and prepare for Case Conferences as determined by Directorate policies
10. To attend and prepare for Case Conferences as determined by Directorate policies
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.