Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35 - £40 per hour
29 days ago
Our client Sheffield City Council is looking for a Team Manager to join their Fostering team.
Responsible for the supervision of all staff within the team including interviewing officers, support workers and Social Work staff and ensuring that children, young people, their families and carers are assessed and that plans are put in place to enable them to access appropriate services and maximise their own independence. Seek to maximise opportunities for local commissioning and the promotion of inter-agency and multi-disciplinary working to ensure that the needs of service users are met.
Responsible for the regular monitoring and evaluation and quality assurance of plans to ensure continued relevance and suitability and amend as required.
- Supervise Social Workers, Social Work Trainee's and Support Workers and allocate and distribute work according to volume and complexity ensuring quality service provision and that performance targets are met.
- To support staff on duty and manage placements, including reviewing issues of capacity and recruitment of new foster carers.
- Chair multi-agency reviews as required to achieve the monitoring, maintenance and quality of plans for children, young people, families and carers in the looked after system, those at risk of significant harm and children in need.
- Analyse performance information to ensure that sufficient progress is being made and develop targets for staff within the team based on this information in order to achieve excellent service provision and meet required outcomes of the service.
- Support the Service Manager and Assistant Service Manager by ensuring best practice service delivery through the provision of professional guidance, advice, support and intervention to staff within the team in the management of their cases. Be able to identify the appropriate points at which to escalate the case to Assistant Service Manager or Service Manager
- To carry out annual appraisals of staff and to implement conduct/capability action plans where necessary.
- Commission Social Work Consultants and senior practitioners to aid individual and collective staff development where appropriate.
- Contribute to the achievement of Key Performance Indicators identified through service planning.
- Respond effectively and efficiently to complaints regarding service delivery within statutory timeframes.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly