£850.00 - £1000 per day + Depending on experience
16 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Service Director to work within Cornwall Councils Finance and Assurance Department.
- To act as the Council's statutory Monitoring Officer and to undertake all Monitoring Officer functionality and activity.
- To contribute to the leadership of the Council through membership of the Council's Corporate Leadership Team (CLT) and to the Directorate through being a member of the Customer and Support Services Directorate Leadership Team (DLT)
- To lead the governance and assurance arrangements for the Council so as to ensure that the Councils democratic processes secure well informed and legally sound decisions and that Cornwall has a vibrant participative democracy.
- To develop and embed models of governance to deal with and facilitate devolution of powers and responsibilities from Government to Cornwall Council and from Cornwall Council to local bodies such as Parish and Town Councils and community groups. This includes supporting the governance arrangements for the Council's companies.
- To support the achievement of the Councils outcomes detailed in the Councils Business Plan and specifically - to improve local community engagement in civic life - to support the sub outcomes under the Empowering and Enterprising Outcome
- To develop and implement the design of governance and assurance processes which are aligned to the Council's new target operating model ensuring that processes meet the value for money and reducing red tape tests
- To lead services within the scope of the role including the leadership of the two DS.151 Head of Finance Service posts which are located in the Finance and Assurance Senior Leadership Team (SLT) - this does not include any accountability for activities covered by the S151 officer which is vested in the Chief Operating Officer.
- To support or lead the development and delivery of corporate objectives as part of the Corporate
You will need to be:
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £350 for each professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly