£35 - £38 per hour
Ben - CP_1641485579
14 days ago
Purpose Of Job:
The purpose of this post is to manage a caseload of complex cases, requiring high level technical expertise (e.g. managing court cases), support the Service Manager and Deputy Service Manager and act as a mentor to other social workers or specialist workers. In some teams the Senior Practitioner will manage or lead on a specific service area and supervise staff. The Senior Practitioner will be expected to operate with a high degree of professional autonomy and authority and deliver good outcomes for children.
- To manage a caseload of complex and challenging cases to a high standard. This includes children and young people exhibiting serious risk factors or convicted of serious offences.
- To carry a large caseload of complex cases - typically
- Up to 4 sets of care proceedings in a Family Support team plus a small number of other cases
- 12-14 LAC cases (including some in proceedings) in LAC team
- or similar level of complexity/intensity in other teams
- To maintain accurate and timely recording of cases and provide reports to court, conferences, reviews and meetings using electronic recording facilities.
- To keep abreast of relevant research, knowledge and best practice in the fields of child care practice and youth justice , legislation and government guidance.
- To participate in training as required in the interests of the service and of his/her own career development and to maintain GSCC registration
- To participate in supervision.
- To participate in and contribute to team meetings
- To participate in the team's duty rota.
- To undertake student supervision both within the department and in partner agencies when required and take on mentoring or coaching role with some staff or supervise some junior staff
- To be lead worker on joint worked cases
- To champion the lead professional role
- To ensure the Council's equal opportunities policy is fully implemented in professional practice and service delivery.
- To undertake service development tasks as required by the team manager