Waltham Forest, London
£30.00 - £33.00 per hour + Depending on experience
23 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Senior Paediatric Occupational Therapist to work within Waltham Forest Council.
We are looking for Senior paediatric OTs with experience of working with children and young people from 0-25 years old.
The children's social care occupational therapy service (SCOT) is for children and young people (aged 0-25 years) with long term physical conditions and disabilities which impact on their ability to manage independently at home, for example those who need housing adaptations or special equipment as a result of their physical difficulties.
The occupational therapist (OT) will assess the child's needs and may carry out assessments with company representatives to try out pieces of equipment and then order and provide any necessary equipment. As the child grows and their needs change this equipment may need to be reviewed, modified and replaced.
We are looking for registered and qualified OTs with experience in:
- Specialist equipment for bathing, seating, toileting, changing and dressing, sleeping
- Equipment to help movement from one place to another and manual handling - hoists and slings
- Adaptations to property such as ramp, through floor stair lifts, level access showers
- Assessment for home safety issues or needs related to behavioural difficulties, for example window locks or stair gates
- The senior role will include line management of the OT and personal development so we are looking for someone who has experience in that field or is looking for the next step up.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly