£400.00 - £600.00 per day + Depending on experience
about 2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Senior Commissioner in Sexual Health/Consultant in Public Health (Sexual Health) to work within Surrey County Council.
- Essential for the role is experience of commissioning and contract managing sexual health services at either a Senior Commissioner level or Consultant in Public Health level. The post is therefore advertised as a Senior Commissioner in Sexual Health/Consultant in Public Health. The post would be largely the same regardless of whether the post holder was a Senior Commissioner or a Consultant. If Senior Commissioner level then the post holder would be termed a 'Public Health Principal' under the Surrey County Council Public Health team.
The post holder would cover the following areas:
- Senior Commissioner (Public Health Principle)/Consultant in Public Health for Sexual Health
- Oversee overall procurement of the Integrated Sexual Health and HIV service (work with NHSE/I to co-commission HIV and Cervical Screening services) and lead the procurement of specialist sexual health services
- Contract management of the specialist service
- Overall management of other sexual health services (Out of Area clinics, GPs and pharmacies with support from PH Lead)
- Manage the sexual health budget as part of the overall Public Health budget
- Line manage Public Health Lead
- The Public Health Lead (in post) covers the following areas but these could be changed based on discussion with the Public Health Lead.
- Public Health Lead (currently in post)
- Lead on engagement for the procurement
- Other support for procurement as agreed
- Lead on outreach
- Manage Pharmacy services and condom distribution
- Sexual Health Services in Surrey are very important to members and healthcare colleagues. The post therefore requires excellent interpersonal skills and political sensitivity. For the procurement there is close working with very experienced procurement and legal team. The public health team structure has five consultants, a wider team of over 50 people including business support, led by a very supportive Director of Public Health.
- Sexual Health Services in Surrey are commissioned for a population of 1.09 million people across two Integrated Care Systems (Surrey Heartlands and Frimley). The Integrated Sexual Health and HIV Service is jointly commissioned with NHSE/I. The integrated, specialist service is currently provided by Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust (CNWL). There is also extensive provision in primary care and pharmacy through Public Health Agreements.
- The Consultant in Public Health who leads on sexual health currently is leading on this recruitment.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly