£75 - £90 per day
23 days ago
Are you an inspiring Teaching Assistant who enjoys the challenge of working with students with SEN and/or behavioural difficulties and SEMH/EBD?
Do you get great satisfaction from being able to make a difference to the education of these students?
We are working with an SEN school catering mainly for SEMH/ASD, based in South East London, who requires Teaching Assistant to work on 1-2-1 basis with students who follow their own individual programme.
We are looking for candidates who are committed to the education of special needs pupils. You should demonstrate strong classroom management skills and a willingness to adapt in line with the varying needs of students.
The spectrum of SEMH is wide and ranges from straightforward 'naughtiness' through to quite complex psychiatric disorders and students can be withdrawn, disruptive, hyperactive, lacking concentration and presenting challenging behaviour.
Most children with SEMH, owing to an emotional difficulty or disturbance, refuse or cannot make full use of the educational opportunities offered to them and are consequently difficult or challenging to manage. In addition to this the majority of these children have parallel difficulties within their families and communities. Looked After Children, namely those involved with or under the care of Social Services are a major group in any specialist provision for SEMH pupils.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience of working in an educational or care setting
- The ability and desire to work positively and effectively with students with challenging behaviours
- Strong classroom and behaviour management skills
- The ability to motivate students and work collaboratively as part of a team
If you are passionate about making a difference and experienced in working with students with a variety of Special Educational Needs, please submit your CV with a brief supporting statement.
Benefits of working with Remedy Education:
- Client knowledge that is second to none
- Excellent salaries fitting to your skills and experience
- Opportunities to widen your current teaching experiences
- £100 referral bonus scheme for any other teacher you recommend
Remedy Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Remedy Education is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The daily rate of pay where stated is inclusive of annual leave entitlement.