£70 - £80 per day
2 months ago
We are currently working with a number of SLD/PMLD SEN schools who are looking to appoint SEN Teaching Assistants for a variety of day-to-day, short term and long term bookings across North West London.
Special Needs Teaching Assistants support students with special educational needs (SEN) in the classroom as directed by an SEN teacher in order to help pupils succeed with their learning.
It takes a very special person to work with pupils with severe learning difficulties. Class sizes can be as small as 4/5 pupils and there is a high ratio of LSA support. SLD/PMLD schools have pupils with complex needs, there may be pupils with degenerative illnesses, those who are completely non-verbal and communicate using basic signing tools like Makaton or through a series of lights and clickers. There may be pupils at the high end of the autism spectrum or with Cerebral Palsy. Ability levels can vary considerably. You'll be working with other professionals within the school, e.g. a nurse, physiotherapist, speech and language therapist, etc.
Your duties could include:
- assisting with pupils' physical needs, including hygiene and feeding, as well as assisting with therapy sessions
- helping with pupils' school work under the supervision of an SEN teacher
- helping pupils increase their confidence, self-esteem and independence
- You will be responsible for promoting inclusion, working according to IEPs and advancing learning, allowing the children you will be working with to make positive progress by removing barriers to learning.
The successful candidate should:
- Have knowledge/interest and experience working with Autism/ASD, ADHD, EBD, SLD, PMLD
Be able to use positive reinforcement when supporting behaviour difficulties - working with pupils with ADHD this would be an advantage
- Knowledge of BSL, Makaton, Team Teach, SPELL/TEACCH would be an advantage.
If you feel that you meet the requirements for these vacancies then please submit your CV along with a brief supporting statement.
Benefits of working with Remedy Education:
- Client knowledge that is second to none
- Excellent salaries fitting to your skills and experience
- Careers support and advice
- Wide range of teaching environments and age groups
- Opportunities to widen your current teaching experiences
- £200 referral bonus scheme for any other teacher you recommend
To find out more or to apply for this vacancy please send your CV by using the Apply function below.
Remedy Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Remedy Education is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. The daily rate of pay where stated is inclusive of annual leave entitlement.