£30.00 - £34.00 per hour + Depending on experience
4 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced SEND Case Officer to work within Surrey County Council.
- The role holder is responsble for development and maintenance of Education Health and Care Plans from initial application and assessment to the annual review process.
- The SEND case worker will work with families of children with Special Needs and Disability in a highly person centred retational approach, and coordinate service provision across education, health and care to ensure holistic delivery plan for individual child and family.
- To work collaboratively with families, schools and other key partners agencies for individual children and young people with SEND to ensure children and young people are educated and are in receipt of appropriate provision that is inline wiht their holistic needs.
- The role holder will work closely with and facilitate engagement with educational settings and relevant practitioners to support, advise and monitor the local offer and to work with schools on individual cases as needed.
- Plan production and the experience of families, carers, children and young people should be high quality.
- Caseworkers should take a reflective approach to their practice in order to drive improvement.
- The use of data and feedback by the role holder should also drive quality improvements.
- Role holders are part of a graduated response and continum of need and should work with a team around the child approach.
- Timeliness of planning, quality of assessments and plans and impact of annual reviews will be important measures of success.
- Advanced vocational qualification at level 4 or considerable on the job experience.
- For some roles a relevant degree may be required.
- Practical knowledge of relevant legislation, processes and procedures and issues relating to the service user group with ability to apply this in challenging situations. Working knowledge of practice standards where appropriate.
- Able to assess, plan and review cases; undertake challenging casework, where appropriate shadowing more experienced social workers/practitioners.
- Numerate and able to advise on effective use of budgets and resources.
- Competent in a range of IT tools including MS Office and database management systems.
- Effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with good negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to identify service improvement initiatives.
- Able to promote effective team working, and use supervision to improve personal performance and practice of junior staff.
- Satisfactory DBS clearance might be required.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly