£180 - £250 per day
2 months ago
Long term perm
A PMLD College based in Lambeth, South West London is currently seeking a full time SENCO to start April 2019.
This fantastic PMLD College based in Balham, is a welcoming school, with a strong emphasis on caring for, supporting and listening to pupils. The pupils are happy, enthusiastic and have a natural love of learning. The School also believes in fostering the holistic development of the child and is committed to helping pupils to become learners for life.
- Put provision in place to ensure that progress of pupils with SEN improves relative to those without SEN.
- Ensure that the school carries out its statutory responsibilities regarding all students with a Statement of Special Educational Needs.
- Support all staff in understanding the needs of SEN pupils.
- Support departmental developments of SEN provision.
- Monitor progress towards targets for pupils with SEN.
- Analyse and interpret relevant school, local and national data.
- Liaise with staff, parents, external agencies and other schools to co-ordinate their contribution, provide maximum support and ensure continuity of provision.
- Ability to plan and evaluate interventions
- Sound knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice
- Data analysis skills, and the ability to use data to inform provision planning
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build effective working relationships
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Good record-keeping skills
If you would like to find out more and arrange a visit to the School - Please send your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
Please note: The Supply Room ensures the safety of children and requires all candidates to complete all relevant vetting checks before commencing a work placement.