£190 - £250 per day
about 1 month ago
Monday 14th June
Part time SENCO role available in a Mainstream Primary school to start Monday 14th June.
Hours: 3 days per week, flexible with days
Interview dates: Monday 14th June
Salary: £160 - £260 a day!
Remedy Education are recruiting for a qualified and experienced Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) to work part time within a primary school in Lambeth on an interim basis. This is initially an interim post until June 2022 with the strong chance of becoming a permanent role for the right candidate.
Strategic development of the school's Special Educational Needs (SEN) provision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of that policy with the aim of raising SEN pupil achievement.
Areas of responsibility and key tasks:
- Put provision in place to ensure that progress of pupils with SEN improves relative to
- those without SEN.
- Ensure that the school carries out its statutory responsibilities regarding all students with
- a Statement of Special Educational Needs.
- Support all staff in understanding the needs of SEN pupils.
- Support departmental developments of SEN provision.
- Monitor progress towards targets for pupils with SEN.
- Analyse and interpret relevant school, local and national data.
- Liaise with staff, parents, external agencies and other schools to co-ordinate their contribution, provide maximum support and ensure continuity of provision.
Teaching and Learning:
- Support the identification of and disseminate the most effective teaching approaches for individual pupils with SEN.
- Work with staff to develop effective ways of bridging barriers to learning through:
- Part time Teaching in specialist subject/ cover teaching will be required alongside SENCO responsibility.
Keeping accurate records:
- Undertake day to day co ordination of SEN pupils through close liaison with the staff, parents and external agencies.
- Work with head teachers, teachers, key stage co-ordinators and pastoral staff to ensure all pupils learning is of equal importance and that there are high and realistic expectations of pupils.
What we are also looking for:
- Work towards and exceed the schools SEN policies.
- Experience with working in a primary school environment.
Please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education on, 0208 418 1390.