about 1 month ago
** SENCO Required **
** Primary School Setting **
**Maternity Cover/Part Time **
** Great Opportunity **
** September Start **
The School is currently looking for an enthusiastic individual on a part time basis to cover Maternity Leave until Mid-November who can create, deliver and review a pastoral curriculum in collaboration with Assistant Head teacher and Pastoral Team, in response to the needs and issues of students.
- Ensure the school carries out its statutory responsibilities regarding all pupils with a Statement or Education Healthcare Plan in accordance with government guidelines, currently the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 0-25 (January 2015)
- Put provision in place to ensure that pupil with SEN make progress of pupils in line with the progress of other pupils in the school and that academic expectations of pupils with SEN are high
- Ensure that all staff are aware of the SEN needs of individual pupils and how these pupils should be supported in lessons and around school
- Work with Heads of Department and Heads of Year to ensure individual pupils' needs are being met
- Support all staff in understanding the needs of SEN pupils by identifying and adopting the most effective teaching practices for pupils with SEN
- Liaise with staff, parents, external agencies and other schools to co-ordinate their contribution, provide maximum support and ensure continuity of provision
- Ensure that the school is represented at all relevant meetings concerning pupils with SEN with external agencies.
- Undertake day-to-day co-ordination of the school's SEN provision through close liaison with staff, parents and external agencies
- Set up systems for identifying, assessing and reviewing SEN and collect and interpret specialist assessment data
- Update the Headteacher and governing body on the effectiveness of provision for pupils with SEN
- Identify resources needed to meet the needs of pupils with SEN and advise the head teacher of priorities for expenditure
- Lead the team of learning support assistants and ensure effective provision of SEN support
- staff across the school.
- To attend and undertake statutory and other relevant courses as required by the role
- Have responsibility for pupils' examination access arrangements and liaise with relevant external agencies, parents and the Examinations Officer and SLT to ensure these arrangements are put in place for pupils' internal and external examinations.
SENCO MUST have:
- SENCO is a qualified teacher and either has or is working towards a National Award in Special Educational Needs Coordination. This course of study would be funded by the school
- Experience working with young people in a pastoral role
- Demonstrated ability to work with a professional team for the benefit of pupils
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Good verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Demonstrated IT skills, particularly with MS Office
- Eligibility to be issued with a DBS through the school
- SENCO experience
- DBS Registered
To apply for this North London SENCO role please send your CV listing all previous child related experience or call Zeki Mehmet @ Remedy Education