£75 - £85 per day
3 months ago
SEN Teaching Assistants - PMLD/ASD job vacancy in Lambeth, Contract position
- Worked in a Special Needs school/college?
- Had experience working with complex needs?
- Would you like to make a difference to children with Special Educational Needs?
We are currently recruiting for SEN Teaching Assistants for a friendly SEN school in Lambeth, long-term contract roles, to start in September 2018.
You should be flexible, confident and have experience in areas such as MLD, SLD, PMLD, EBD, Challenging Behaviour, Physical Disabilities, Hearing / Visual impairment or ASD.
Experience with PECS or Makaton and Team Teach is also an advantage.
- To work under the direct instruction of teaching staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher but also within other settings, to support access to learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
- To support pupils with a range of special needs including Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties, Severe Learning Difficulties, Autistic Spectrum Disorders and Challenging Behaviour.
- Attend to the pupil's personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters. This involves intimate care of young people unable to use the toilet.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work.
- Contribute to formal and informal assessments and contribute to and attend Annual Reviews of pupils.
Experience of working with young people with special educational needs and/or complex learning difficulties.
Experience of working with Secondary school age children preferably within a learning environment.
Remedy Education is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Remedy Education is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.