East London, London
£70 - £95 per day
20 days ago
Remedy are looking to recruit lots of dedicated and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our team at a range of schools in East London. The successful candidate will be committed to high standards and will have the energy and inspiration to work alongside the class teacher with individuals or groups within the classroom. Previous experience working with children in a school setting would be beneficial.
Candidates should be qualified to at least NVQ Level 2 or the equivalent.
Main Purpose of the Role
To support the teaching staff by helping to ensure that the school provides the highest standards of care, support and welfare for all pupils both inside and outside of the classroom, and helping children with their learning.
- To maintain high standards of time keeping and communication with parents.
- To provide a role model for the development of pupils' social behaviour and attitudes.
- To set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
- To work effectively as a member of the team, establishing and maintaining good relationships with colleagues, parents and pupils.
- To provide a safe, secure and well-organised environment to encourage the development of pupils as independent learners.
- To follow health and safety procedures in order to safeguard the health and safety of all members of the school community where applicable.
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of the pupils.
- To promote the Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural development of the pupils.
- To promote equality of opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice for all children.
- To be aware of responsibilities under the School's Child Protection Policy and to report any concerns to the appropriate person as soon as they occur.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Assisting pupils and staff:
- To cover for the class teacher in emergency or short term situations, as directed by the Headmistress or member of the SLT.
- To assist in the supervision of pupils under the direction of a class teacher, ensuring as far as can reasonably be expected the safety and well-being of those pupils.
- To hear individual readers and discuss the cover title, author, characters, plot, correct miscues, encourage expression, fluency etc and check for comprehension.
- To hear group readers.
- To support whole class activities when appropriate.
- To support group work with objectives set by the teacher.
- To support individuals with SEND in liaison with the teacher.
- To support individuals with specific tasks set by the teacher.
- To observe and record the participation of individuals during group or class work.
- To assist in the supervision of pupils on educational visits.
- To ensure that classroom organisation provides opportunities for pupils to take responsibility for their learning.
- To prepare some classroom tasks and resources.
- To ensure that equipment/books are in good working order.
- To photocopy worksheets as required and in accordance with copyright laws.
- To prepare pupils' work for displays and maintain a high standard of display in the main classroom and throughout the School.
- To assist in the maintenance of a stimulating and well-ordered learning environment.
- To assist in the educational process of a specified group of children as directed by the classroom teacher.
- To assist class teachers with classroom discipline and, jointly with colleagues, maintain a high standard of discipline throughout the School.
- To assist with the care of pupils requiring medicines or first aid under the directions of a trained first aider.
- To assist with breaktime and lunchtime duties as required.
- To conduct playground duties as required.
- To assist the class teacher in promoting the welfare and development of any pupil identified as having Special Needs.
- To report any concerns of safety immediately to the Health and Safety Officer.
- To assist with special events e.g. Christmas party, concerts, sporting events, plays, Speech Day.
The Teaching Assistant should also be prepared to undertake other such specific duties that may be assigned by the Headmistress or members of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
PLEASE SEND YOUR CV OR CONTACT 07375071750