£75 - £80 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
Position: SEN Teaching Assistant - Start, September 2021
Location: Lewisham, South East London
Salary: £80 -£85 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Hours: 35 hours per week, term time only, 8.30am-3.30pm, flexibility within these hours is essential and you are required to work till 5pm one day a week for staff training and meetings.
Closing Date: Ongoing
This lovely Primary School supports children aged 6-11 years with communication difficulties typically associated with Asperger's Syndrome and Autism.
Purpose of the role:
You will be required to provide support to our children with their learning and care whilst in school and other settings. The successful applicant will offer a tailored approach to individual children, ensuring that every student has the opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment.
- To establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School.
- To promote and encourage independence and personal development
- Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day to day running of the class
- To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school. Some physical intervention may be needed upon occasion, full training on this will be provided.
- To promote pupils' cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification (desirable but not essential)
- Experience of working in a special school environment is desirable.
- Level 2 (GCSE) in Maths and English
- Team TEACH Training- desirable
How to apply:
To apply for this role please do so on our website, for more information on this position please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care.