£75 - £95 per day
7 months ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - SEN School - September 2020
- SEN Teaching Assistant required for a Special Needs School
- SEN Teaching Assistant required for a September 2020 start
- SEN Teaching Assistant that MUST have experience working with ASD and Complex Needs
Do you consider yourself to be a confident SEN Teaching Assistant who has a passion for Special Needs?
Are you a SEN Teaching Assistant who is able to use your initiative and be proactive should a difficult situation arise?
If you answered yes then this SEN Teaching Assistant role is for you!
The Role - SEN Teaching Assistant:
We are looking for an experience SEN Teaching Assistant to join a SEN School based in Enfield North London
As a SEN Teaching Assistant you will be required to support the classroom teacher as well as 1:1 support with students who has ASD and Complex Needs. A successful SEN Teaching Assistant will have a passion for SEN, a confident approach and will thrive within the special needs environment. Ideally to qualify for this SEN Teaching Assistant role you will have at least 1 years experience as a Special Needs Teaching Assistant.
Main responsibilities and duties:
- Support pupils to engage in learning activities, adapt tasks for individuals and assist them to make progress
- Attend to the pupils' personal needs, and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support pupil ensuring their safety and access to learning in a clean and tidy environment
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
- Learn and use safe systems for moving, handling and physical interventions as appropriate
Support for tutors:
- Prepare the classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils' work
- Be aware of pupil progress/achievements and report observations to the teacher in the agreed format
- Contribute to record keeping as requested
- Supporting a positive home-school relationship, by sharing information with parents and carers
- Provide clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, filing, collecting money etc.
Support for the curriculum:
- Use strategies, as directed by the teacher, to help pupils to achieve learning goals in all areas of the curriculum
- Adapt strategies and approaches to meet the pupils individual needs
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use
If you feel this is the right role for you then please contact Hollie at Remedy Education