£85 - £105 per day
about 1 month ago
* Teaching Assistant / Mentor
* Secondary School
* "Good" Ofsted
* Southwark, South East London
* ASAP start
We are working with a Secondary School in Southwark, with a "Good" Ofsted who are looking to recruit a teaching assistant / mentor to start as soon as possible until the end of the academic year. This will be working under the instructions of the SENCo department, assisting pupils of all ages and abilities from Key Stage 3 to 5, including GCSE and A-Level.
You will be expected to work on a 1:1 basis with specific students of a range of abilities, some of whom may have challenging behaviour and or Special Educational Needs, assisting them with their class work up to A-level. The candidate must be able and experienced enough to be able to support A level students, and take small groups of A level students for intervention sessions. Other responsibilities include monitoring the behaviour and progress of small groups and also assisting students with their work in mainstream maths classes, under the instruction of the class teacher.
This secondary school has excellent facilities and experienced, ambitious staff who aim to provide the best level of support to all students. There are statemented pupils in each year group, who are supported by enthusiastic and experienced teaching staff who make full use of the school's well-equipped facilities, allowing them to give students the appropriate level of support to enable them to succeed academically and socially.
This role would be perfect for graduates interested in pursuing a PGCE or Teacher training program in the future, who are looking to increase their experience working in schools.
The school is near an overground train station and is also accessible by a number of bus routes.
Key skills and experience needed:
- Previous support work within a school or other transferable child-related experience
- A firm presence and strong behaviour management
- Previous one to one, small group work and/or whole class support
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, friendly, patient and determined approach
- Experience or knowledge within special educational needs
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position, please send your CV to Carly at Remedy Education.
Remedy Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
Application requirements for Remedy Education;
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Remedy Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.