£75 - £85 per day
about 1 month ago
SEN Teaching Assistant - ASD Specialist - Camden, North London
Are you a flexible and resilient individual?
Do you have a passion for working as a SEN teaching assistant?
Would you consider yourself as an ASD specialist?
If yes is the answer, then you may be the perfect candidate for this role.
- London Borough of Camden
- Full Time - Monday to Friday
- £75.00 - £85.00 per day
- ASAP Start
- SEN Teaching Assistant - ASD Specialist
We have exciting opportunities due to growth of this school for motivated and highly supportive SEN Learning Support Assistants. You could join a supportive and growing team in a specialised SEN school to progress in your career within SEN Education.
- Supporting the Class Teacher within well-resourced and extremely creative lessons.
- Constant assessment of the individual needs of pupils to ensure they are progressing.
- Evaluating and reporting pupils' progress to teachers, carers and health care professionals by following their EHCP's.
- Managing challenging behaviour in a positive way including de-escalation techniques.
- You will be working both 1:1 and within small groups so team fit and excellent communication is key!
The successful candidate will have some experience with in:
- Autism Spectrum Condition - ASC
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - ADHD
- Severe Learning Difficulties - SLD
- Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties - PMLD
- Social, Emotional and Mental Health - SEMH
- Experience of de-escalation techniques, Picture Exchange Communication (PECS) and Makaton would be advantageous.
If you feel this is the right role for you then please contact Hollie at Remedy Education.