£75 - £85 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
SEN Teaching Assistant | Primary School | Lewisham
Immediate start for a 1:1 SEN teaching assistant to work with a child with autism in reception for a long term role at a primary school in the London Borough of Lewisham.
The role will involve working with a child on the autistic spectrum who has recently joined in reception and has limited language. We are looking for an enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistant who has experience working with autistic children with delayed Speech & Language.
Here are some benefits of working at the school as a SEN Teaching Assistant:
- Warm and welcoming Primary School located in the London borough of Lewisham
- Opportunity to work in a highly specialised SEN provision with excellent resources
- Easily commutable from South East London
- Great opportunity to join a well-established and vibrant team of professionals who love their work
- Work with a highly motivated class teacher who is passionate about Special Educational Needs
So what we are looking for?
- Motivated individual who has a good understanding of Autism.
- Experience as a SEN Teaching Assistant working with Early Years children with Speech delay.
- Confident in building relationships and setting boundaries to avoid melt-downs.
- Able to use alternative communication methods a bonus!
SEN Teaching Assistants at the school all work together and enjoy a harmonious environment led by the Coordinator.