£70 - £90 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
SEN Teaching Assistant - SEN School - Southwark
Q - Are you a resilient and hard-working individual with a passion for supporting SEN and ASD?
An outstanding SEN school based within the London borough of Southwark, is currently recruiting for dedicated and patient learning support assistants to support a Primary SEN school. This role will be a full-time and long-term until the end of the academic year.
The school is eager to find someone who can hit the ground running, therefore previous experience with a SEN environment is critical. The students within the school may have multiple difficulties from ASD, ADHD, Downs Syndrome & SEMH.
You will be supported from day 1 within this school, with plenty of CPD & training throughout. The school prides itself on ensuring that all of their staff feel like part of the family within the school. This is an excellent opportunity for aspiring support workers, therapists & psychologists.
JOB DESCRIPTION - SEN Teaching Assistant
· Supporting students 1:1
· Personal Care
· Managing challenging and aggressive behaviour at times
· Implementing de-escalation techniques
· Working with the student to engage in lesson
· Giving lots of positive praise and encouragement
· Be a strong positive role model
· £70 - £90 per day
Person specification - Learning Support Assistant
· Degree from a good university is desired but not essential
· Previous experience in a SEN environment
· Team Teach or similar training is desired
· Energetic & resilient
· PECS & Makaton experience desired
· Calm approach while setting clear boundaries and expectations.
SCHOOL INFORMATION - Learning Support Assistant
· Located in Southwark
· Part of a strong leadership team
· Focus on working as part of an effective team
· Opportunity to partake in CPD
· Prospect of career growth within the school
To apply for these SEN Teaching Assistant roles, please send your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
Please see our website page headed 'About' and scroll to the bottom to see our 'Privacy Notice' for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.