£70 - £85 per day
2 months ago
Remedy Education work closely and effectively with Primary Schools across South East London providing experienced and suitable support staff.
We are currently seeking a SEN Teaching Assistant for a friendly and well-known Primary School based in the Lewisham Borough, to start ASAP.
The successful candidate will be experienced in working with children who have a variety of additional needs e.g. autism, dyslexia, ADHD, speech and communication challenges.
Other responsibilities will be to:
- Provide 1:1 and sometimes group-based support.
- Motivate the pupils that you support to keep them engaged in learning and can stay focused during the lesson or activity.
- Assist with the social and emotional development of pupils and report any issues when necessary
- Adhere by school regulations to ensure safety of all pupils
In addition, you will need:
- A proven record of working with special educational needs - autism/dyslexia/ ADHD
- To be able to improve the pupil's confidence, self-esteem and love of learning
- 100% passion for education
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Incredible patience
- An excellent knowledge of different learning styles and how to utilise these;
- Experience in dealing with challenging behaviour
- To hold an Enhanced Child Work Force ONLY DBS already on the Update Service (desirable) or the willingness to apply for one.
By registering with Remedy Education, we can offer you:
- Top rates of pay (PAYE System)
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus
- Full interview preparation and assistance so you're fully prepared and confident, increasing your chances of being successful.
If you would like to take advantage of the above, then please click apply now and a member Remedy Education will be in touch to discuss your registration.