about 1 month ago
SEN Teaching Assistant (11-16) - Hackney, East London
We are a hugely oversubscribed school, complimented by our latest OFSTED inspection on many aspects including our forward vision and academic excellence: "attitudes to learning and relationships between staff and students are exemplary". We are looking to appoint a flexible and well-organised LSA to support able pupils who have a variety of challenging needs. Previous relevant experience is essential.
The successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of the following:
- Excellent communication skills with both children and adults
- Caring and patient nature coupled with an ability to give calm, firm and measured responses
- An understanding of how social and emotional triggers prompt behaviour responses and how to reduce the impact of these
- An ability to work as part of a team, with initiative and autonomy
- The working environment will enable outstanding professional development opportunities.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.