£70 - £80 per day
about 1 month ago
Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant - Supporting a Year 4 boy with Autism - Lewisham
Are you passionate about supporting children with Special Educational Needs (SEN)?
Are you looking for classroom-based experience supporting a child 1:1?
If so, read on for more details about this exciting SEN Teaching Assistant post in South East London.
My client school in Lewisham is recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant for September to support a child in Year 4 who is mildly Autistic. This is the perfect opportunity for an aspiring teacher or a Psychology graduate with their sights set on a master's qualification or doctorate in the future.
The school is graded Good by Ofsted, with an Outstanding grade on the horizon in the near future. The school has been describes as feeling like a big family where everyone works hard and gives their best. They make use of expertise from Educational Psychologists, speech and language therapists and councillors to ensure that the school remains highly inclusive.
Information about the role:
- Graduate SEN Teaching Assistant
- Supporting a child in Year 4 who is mildly autistic
- Supporting his academic study and emotional well- being
- Full time & Long-term(Sept- July) SEN Teaching Assistant post
- £70-£80 per day increasing after 12 weeks
- Generous healthcare package
- Consistent training and upskilling
- Exceptional Graduate required - 2:1 degree or above from leading University
- Excellent academics - A levels and GCSE's consistently high
- Experience with SEN an advantage but Psychology grads with theoretical knowledge will be considered
- Passion for working with young people and especially with children with SEN
- Able to commit Full time and term time
- Enthusiastic, creative and resilient
- 2 form entry Primary school
- 'Good' by Ofsted and en route to Outstanding
- Fantastic support team- friendly and welcoming
- Support from Educational Psychologists, Speech and Language Therapists and councillors
- High performing school - Great results
- School Direct available for aspiring teachers
- Located in Lewisham - South East London
- Great transport links - Easily accessible - Car parking available
Please apply now by sending your CV and a brief cover letter to Carly at Remedy Education.
If shortlisted, Remedy Education will be in touch within 48 hours.