£130 - £180 per day
17 days ago
- SEN Teacher
- Full time position
- OFSTED rated GOOD School
- Location: Southwark, South East London
- £130 - £180 per day (depending on experience and qualifications)
- ASAP Start
This role is open to mainstream and experienced SEN Teachers. We are looking to find a SEN teacher with strong awareness of PMLD needs and a willingness to work in this hands on, lively SEN school in Southwark.
The school is a highly specialised environment, providing high quality education and training to 80 pupils in Southwark. As a small school, there is a heavy focus on individualised and age appropriate support. Students are aged 2-19 years old, with the developmental age of most pupils being 18 months and younger. We are looking for a SEN Teacher who understands the importance to adapting their approach to suit the individual learner's needs.
This specific vacancy is for a SEN Teacher to teach a Sixth Form class with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD). The class curriculum is based around an informal curriculum, employing a multi-sensory approach. Pupils in this class have complex needs, requiring personal care, feeding and medication. A medical team and therapy professionals from the Southwark borough are regularly on site.
Feedback from current staff at the school is incredibly positive. The school is well organised and resourced and the senior leadership team have created a professional, warm and inclusive environment to work. All staff will receive induction education and training and support to work in an SEN environment. Applications from mainstream teachers are welcome.
The SEN Teacher will:
- Work 1:1, 2:1 and in small group settings
- Support students with complex and interrelated needs including physical disabilities, Autism and PMLD
- Work alongside a multidisciplinary team
- Ideally have experience working in a SEN school
- Have knowledge of PMLD, Autism, severe learning difficulties and non-verbal communication
- Be able to support with personal cares, manual handling and hoisting, and medication
- Have some SEN experience or training, ASDAN highly desired
- 80 pupils on site
- Students aged 2-19 years of age
- Student abilities are developmentally around 18 months or less
- OFSTED rated GOOD
- Based in Southwark
- Incredible purpose built facilities and resources to support SEN learners
- Part of a large academy trust with other Special Schools providing opportunities for education and training
Click apply now or contact or phone for more information.