£130 - £160 per day
2 months ago
PMLD Teacher, Long term, Greenwich
- Greenwich SEN School
- Primary and Secondary SEN PMLD Teacher - PMLD Class
- ASAP Start
- Excellent Rates of Pay
- Friendly Supportive School
- Outstanding Ofsted report
- Good transport links/parking
- Interviewing ASAP
I am currently looking for a teacher who is experienced working with students with profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) to join a top SEN school in Greenwich. The school are seeking to appoint a quality SEN practitioner to join their team ASAP
The school is an outstanding day community special school for pupils aged 11-19 years, who experience severe learning difficulties, autism and profound learning needs, including those with MDVI. It is a richly diverse, cohesive community where all students are celebrated and where staff work together as a team to ensure that every child reaches their potential in happy and safe surroundings.
The PMLD Teacher role will require leading, delivering and co-ordinating lessons and curriculum to students that have physical disabilities, cognitive and developmental difficulties. You will need to be committed to ensuring pupils make good progress and encourage pupils to reach their potential through engaging and stimulating teaching. It is important that you are a good line manager, can set targets, can plan a sensory curriculum (some children have visual impairments), write reports, liaise with parents and external agencies and communicate well with fellow staff.
Your main duties would include:
- Inspiring and engaging and developing the sensory engagement and social skills of children with profound & multiple learning difficulties.
- Assessing individual learning needs and working with experienced LSAs in class
- Assessing and reporting on individual pupils progress.
- Liaising with your head of department to ensure that all mid and long term targets and tracking data are accurate.
Successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
- QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
- To be able to differentiate work to students depending on their need and abilities.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with other staff members.
- The ability to use initiative and can work well under pressure.
* PECs or Makaton trained is desirable* Experience is desirable.
If you want more information on this position please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education.