Tower Hamlets, London
£130 - £150 per day
about 1 month ago
SEN TEACHER NEEDED- TOWER HAMLETS - APRIL 2021
- KS5 teacher to start after Easter (April 12th)
- The role will be until the end of this academic year - with the option to apply for a permanent post to commence in September
- It is a class of 9 students (nonverbal) supported by 5 teaching assistants - there will be 6 adults in total including the teacher.
- Someone with PMLD experience would be good - the candidate must have experience working within an SEND school/provision.
- They will consider qualified teachers with QTS who have trained in Pri, Sec or SEND. This is because the children are developmental age is that of the Primary years - teachers however must have SEND experience as mentioned above.
- The school cant offer much in terms of support other than normal school induction, they need someone who can run with it and manage the class team.
- Processes and curriculum is in place - the curriculum focuses on sensory and subject specifics - ie functional skills to prepare them for adult life or cooking.
- A few challenging behaviours in the class
- Personal care is required - The TAs usually support with this but there may be the odd occasion where the teacher is expected to help
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN PLEASE CONTACT ME AND ASK FOR RENEE ASAP!!!