about 2 months ago
SEN Teacher - Southwark South East London
Remedy Education are seeking Special Educational Needs Teachers to work through the agency across one of our Multi-Academy Trusts - We are looking for hardworking, and enthusiastic professionals who have the ability to work with pupils with severe learning difficulties and disabilities and/or autism.
This role is starting in September on a long term full time basis.
The school is an 'Outstanding' community special school catering for nearly 100 children and young people between the ages of 2-19. All pupils across the trust have complex learning needs, which may include;
- Medical needs
- Physical disabilities
- (Multi) Sensory Impairments (MSI)
- Autistic Spectrum conditions
- Challenging behaviours and sensory processing/sensory integration needs
We are looking for someone who;
- Holds QTS
- Is an outstanding teacher with excellent subject/curriculum knowledge
- Is fun, creative and enthusiastic, who can think outside the box
- Has experience of working with children and/or young people with complex needs
- Has experience of supporting children and/or young people with Multi-Sensory Impairments and disabilities and who may display behaviours of concern
- Has a strong working knowledge of child development
- Can support individual pupil needs with a range of specialist teaching and learning strategies (such as TEACCH, PECS, Attention Autism, multi-sensory curriculum, Sensory Integration, Intensive Interaction and teaching within specialist MSI environments)
- Is proactive and able to collaborate with a range of stakeholders to devise and deliver individualised educational programmes
- Has lots of energy and can demonstrate resilience and adaptability as/when pupils need it
If you are interested in this role then please apply now.