£140 - £180 per day
5 months ago
A Special Needs School in Lambeth, South East London are looking to appoint an SEND provision Class Teacher for their new Specialist Provision. A growing number of children and young adults in the UK are being identified as having Special Educational Needs. These developments have led to an increase in the demand for qualified teachers and support staff.
Contract - Full Time/Part Time or Flexible
Location - Lambeth
Pay - £140 - £180 per day
Start Date - ASAP
This successful applicant will report to the SENDCo and will need to be adaptable in order to develop lessons to meet the specific needs of the pupils with significant SEND. The pupils in the provision will be mixed age but predominantly working within P levels. The successful teacher will responsible for a team of SEND LSA's. This will be a demanding, varied, highly challenged and rewarding role that will provide an excellent career opportunity for an exceptional individuals.
This particular school support Primary Aged Students with Complex Needs, Autism and Visual Impairment.
The successful Candidate will:
- Hold OTS (or equivalent qualification to teach)
- Have past experience working with SEND or looking for a new challenge
- Knowledgeable of the UK Curriculum
- Skilfully able to plan effective lessons and differentiate based on individual needs
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment
- Be reliable and punctual
- Ability to risk assess
- Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEND.
Why choose Remedy Education?
- Top pay rates and the permanent equivalent pay after 12 weeks
- Opportunity to get a place on paid vocational teacher training with a school
- In-depth free induction session in our central London office
- Free safeguarding and behaviour management training
- You choose how you are paid and which payroll company you wish to use
- The perfect way to launch your career in education
Benefits of working with Special Needs include:
- Small class sizes, usually 5-10 students
- A warm and supporting working environment
- State of the art facilities and resources
- Ongoing opportunities for CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- SEN points added to your salary
- Qualified mainstream teachers CAN teach in special needs schools
- You will gain a good understanding of SEND and additional needs
- Improve your classroom and behaviour management
- Teach dynamic and creative lessons
For more information please do not hesitate to call Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
Remedy Education is a specialist Education Recruitment Consultancy that helps Teachers and Support Staff find long term, permanent and interim employment in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools throughout London and the South East. As part of the registration process you will be required to have a DBS Check carried out and all original relevant qualifications will need to be sighted and copied before any work placement.