£70 - £90 per day
9 days ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education is recruiting for a SEN Learning Support Assistant / Special Education Needs Learning Support Assistant to work with children with autism. Located in South East London, this specialist school caters for children across the primary and secondary age groups. The SEN Learning Support Assistant / Special Education Needs Learning Support Assistant will ideally have experience in working with Autism. Available to start as soon as possible on a long-term supply basis for the rest of the summer term, there is opportunity for this to become a permanent position in September 2018.
About the Role
- SEN Learning Support Assistant / Special Education Needs Learning Support Assistant to work children with autism.
- Supports students aged between 3 and 19 years of age, giving students the opportunity to access the mainstream curriculum with differentiated and individual planning.
- Experience of Team Teach and de-escalation would be hugely beneficial, but is not a prerequisite.
- Available to start as soon as possible, initially on a long-term supply basis for the rest of the summer term.
- Daily rate from £70 - £90, dependent on experience.
About the School
- Rapidly improving, independent special school for students with ASD.
- The personalised teaching takes place in a well-resourced environment which has been designed specifically for students with ASD.
- The school has access to a brilliant network of therapists and specialists in Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy, Drama Therapy, Cognitive and Behavioural Therapy, Music Therapy and has recently introduced an area for Lego Therapy.
- Students are taught in small class sizes based on age and ability, with each students barriers and anxieties catered for as best as possible.
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN Learning Support Assistant / Special Education Needs Learning Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience working with Autism is desirable but not essential;
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa); and
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks.
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV Carly at Remedy Education.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Remedy Education will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Remedy Education is an equal opportunities employer.