£80 - £100 per day
about 1 month ago
Remedy are currently recruiting for Behaviour Mentors for a long-term position.
This is a Special Educational Needs School located in Romford who catered for students from 4 - 16 years old.
The school have a wide range of needs; HI - Hearing Impairment, SLCN - Speech, language and Communication, ASD - Autistic Spectrum Disorder, SEMH - Social, Emotional and Mental Health, MSI - Multi-Sensory Impairment, PD - Physical Disability, MLD - Moderate Learning Difficulty, SLD - Severe Learning Difficulty and PMLD - Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulty.
They are looking for a motivated individual to join a supportive team supporting behaviour management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply the school's agreed intervention strategies and provide support for behaviour management for individual/groups of students.
- Positively influence the behaviour of students by reinforcing standards set by the school.
- Co-ordinate alternative education provision, including work placements, bespoke timetables etc.
- Liaise with out of school agencies to support students requiring additional help.
- Proactively support student personal development / action plan to meet individual needs.
- Attendance at reintegration meetings, PSPs, IBPs, TAFs, Annual Reviews etc.
- Home school liaison as required to provide support to students.
- Respond to issues which arise and which disrupt the learning of others.
- Ensure effective communication is made to parents as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate collation, communication and collection of work for students unable to access their full curriculum.
- Support the re-integration of students back into lessons following exclusion, isolation or disengagement.
- Observe students in lessons to provide feedback to stakeholders
- Monitor data and produce reports / recommendations as appropriate.
- Provide therapeutic support to students in the following areas:- self harm, bereavement, anger management, self-esteem, transition, family break up, eating disorders, bullying, mentoring, counselling, ELSA, peer mentoring, emotional abuse.
- Advertise counselling, AP and Inclusion services within school.
- Keep accurate and up to date logs of meetings with students, isolations, interventions and their impacts.
- Co-ordinate mentoring and counselling appointments within and outside of school.
- Work as part of the Safeguarding Team - under the direction of the DSL.
The successful candidate will need:
- A consistent employment history.
- Previous experience working in School Settings with Serve SEN.
- Have strong behaviour management.
- Be able to commute to Romford - RM3.
- Have a valid Child and Adult DBS on the UPS or within the last year.
If you are interested in this role please contact me on 0204 531 0058.