£75 - £85 per annum
6 months ago
Long term perm
SEN Autism Teaching Assistant
What happens at school can change a child's life. Could you change the future, by supporting children with a primary SEN diagnosis of Autism to engage with education?
Do you have experience of supporting pupils ASD and comorbid conditions such as ADHD, dyslexia, dyspraxia, emotional and behavioural difficulties, and mental health needs? Are you confident in working with children who can demonstrate challenging behaviours? Have you ever had experience with MAPA or Team Teach? Are you able to carry out personal care for SEN children with autism?
You'll be kept busy, working with pupils aged 5-19 with a wide range of learning difficulties and disabilities. Your day will be varied, supporting children in the classroom to manage their own behaviour, engage with tasks set by the class teacher, and reach their potential. You'll take initiative, be resilient, and drive pupils to achieve and progress. You'll work on learning activities, promote confidence, and encourage pupils to act independently to succeed. You'll also be responsible for the personal care of some pupils.
- A Qualified Teaching Assistant with experience of young people with ASD, ADHD, and other learning difficulties
- Experienced working with primary and secondary aged pupils with EBD needs
- Emotionally resilient
- Promote happiness, self-reliance and encourage positive interactions
- Experienced with personal care
- Generous rates of pay
- A dedicated SEN Consultant
- A large number of schools exclusive to Remedy
- Honest and friendly service
- Access to our 'Refer a Friend' scheme
Could this be the role for you? Send your CV over, or give me a call!
Is this role not what you're looking for? We are constantly in need of talented education staff to fill a wide variety of positions. Please get in touch and we're happy to discuss our opportunities with you!