23 days ago
Remedy Education are currently recruiting for a number of schools in Hackney These schools provide quality education for children with a number of SEN needs such as ASD, ADHD, Moderate and Severe Learning Difficulties, SEMH, EBD and PMLD.
Person Specification - Behaviour support TA/LSA
- Team teach Qualification or other positive handling experience
- Previous experience of supporting students with SEN. (SEMH/ PRU/Alternative education attachment and trauma issues)
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum.
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment.
- Reliable & punctual
- Ability to risk assess and follow instructions
- Ability to develop rapport with SEN individuals
- Playful, patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN.
- Ability to deal with the physical challenges of the job (which likely will necessitate running and physical intervention at times)
About the Role -Behaviour support TA/LSA
- You will be responsible for teaching a small class of around 3-6 students with Special Educational Needs (SEN- SEMH /challenging behaviour)
- You will use resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons.
- You will have additional support in the classroom from other support staff.
- You will plan and deliver effective lessons using the UK curriculum.
Why work with Remedy Education?
When you apply you get:
- the widest range of roles and progression opportunities,
- flexible registration procedures
- market leading pay rates - paid to scale and beyond
Recommend a friend to Remedy Education, and you could receive a referral bonus of up to £100.
If you would like to work in this or any other SEN school-then please email your updated CV to Natalie Abel at Remedy Education.