3 months ago
SEMH Teacher (Primary)
- Primary SEMH Teacher
- Outstanding SEN School (OfSTED)
- Closest to the Central Line
- Permanent contract available from September or sooner
- Exceptional Induction and Continuous in house CPD training, supportive SLT
Are you an experienced Primary, SEN or PRU Teacher who is seeking a new opportunity in a School for students with Social, Emotional Mental Health?
Do you want to work in a truly outstanding school which boasts exceptional staff training and high success rates with student attainment and behaviour?
This is a unique SEMH special needs schools which has been rated *Outstanding* All the children who attend the school are there because it was not possible to meet their needs in a mainstream setting. The Head Teacher states that the main aim of the School is to reignite a love of learning and this is what they do so well!
Teachers are well supported to implement positive behaviour strategies and ultimately to deliver a unique curriculum for each student to achieve their academic potential.
The vacancy for September will be teaching a Key Stage 2 class of pupils with SEMH. The Class size is 5-7 pupils. Some pupils are dealing with complex associated barriers to learning such as ADHD and Dyslexia. This is a class with varied characters and the right teacher will, dare one say, enjoy this teaching post within a School where no two days are the same. Teachers at this School are constantly challenged and therefore growing in their teaching, with the strong guidance of Outstanding SLT team.
As a class based Teacher you will plan, develop, and coordinate individual curriculum programmes for your class. You will implement whole class and smaller group learning activities and continuously assess pupil's progress their specific learning goals. You must be creative, adaptable and a good team player!
You will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), after completing a PGCE, Graduate Teaching Program (GTP), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), QTLS or equivalent overseas teaching qualification
- Previous experience of teaching students with needs, including SEMH / EBD / ADHD / MLD / SpLD
- Strong knowledge of the UK national curriculum
If this sounds like you, and you have the skills, experience and attitude to work with Key Stage 2 children with SEMH, then I'd love to hear from you; either you can apply here or contact us directly on .