about 1 month ago
Do you have experience working with children who display challenging behaviour?
Would you like a position that also gives you the chance to deliver sport sessions?
Remedy is currently working with a mainstream Primary School based in Islington who is looking for a new member of staff to join their team.
If successful, you will be responsible for supporting a pupil in Year 6 who displays challenging behaviour and has social, emotional mental health difficulties. You will need to meet the criteria below to be short-listed for the position due to the nature of the role:
- Degree qualified (desirable but not essential).
- Extensive experience supporting children of a primary age with ADHD, SEMH and challenging behaviour.
- Team Teach and manual handling trained (or equivalent).
- Sports coaching background (primary age).
- Worked in a School or similar setting previously.
- Available to start immediately.
- Can commit on a long-term basis.
- Strong communication, punctual and committed to the role.
The School has 3 classes per year, there is lots of support on offer and everyone works well as a team. This is a challenging yet rewarding role where you will work closely with a pupil to ensure they receive the same learning as everyone else. For the right candidate, the School will enable them to deliver a lunchtime or after-school club as well as taking regular intervals to do 1:1 sport sessions with the pupil.
Please note: You will be required to register with Remedy if you meet the criteria mentioned, we will then arrange an interview with the SENCO at the School via zoom and your placement will commence once they have returned.
Please contact Zeki Mehmet today for more information.