£75 - £95 per day
8 months ago
Teaching Assistant - Southwark - Secondary -Aspiring teachers
Are you a graduate, searching for a long term Teaching Assistant role based in South East London Secondary School?
Are you passionate about working with children with a range of learning needs?
Perhaps you are keen to gain experience within a Secondary school before going on to a School Direct or PGCE course?
If so, read on and apply today!
Secondary Teaching Assistant - Role
This is a fantastic post which will see you supporting pupils with a range of learning needs across the school. You will support children with SEN (Special Educational Needs), and EAL (English as an additional language). You will also work with Gifted and talented pupils.
Secondary Teaching Assistant - School
The school is a diverse and inclusive school in South East London. Recently graded Good by Ofsted, the Head teacher and staff pride themselves on having high aspirations for the school and the pupils. They go the extra mile to ensure that all pupils can access the curriculum, with a team of skilled support staff on hand to assist the teaching force. The school is described as an harmonious learning environment and the leadership for pupils on the autistic spectrum is strong.
What you need to be a successful SEN Teaching Assistant:
- A degree - 2:1 or above and good GCSE and A Level results with a focus on Literacy and Numeracy
- Experience working with children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) an advantage
- An ability to communicate effectively with vulnerable or under achieving children
- A kind and caring nature
- Commitment and dedication
What you will get in return:
- £75- £95 per day
- Access to the Teacher training school - School Direct programme
- This is a term time only role so you will have all school holidays
Apply now by sending your CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education