North London, London
£70 - £80 per day
24 days ago
Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant - Camden, Islington and Enfield - September 2019
A number of outstanding secondary schools located across the boroughs of Camden, Islington and Enfield are looking for outgoing SEN Teaching Assistants to join them in September 2019 for the new academic year.
- £70 - £80 per day
- Full-time with immediate or September starts
- Career ladder planned for your Professional Development
- 2 free CPD courses on placement
- On-site training
- Excellent transport links: Northern line, Piccadilly line, train lines and buses
To be considered for a SEN Teaching Assistant position you must have:
- Supported SEN children
- A degree or relevant Level 3
- Confidence in your behaviour management
- A positive and kind personality
- (Desirable) Knowledge of PECs, Makaton or Communication boards
- The drive to help others and progress further in a Primary school
The SEN Teaching Assistant positions available cover each stage of Secondary Education - Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 . This means that from the beginning you'll be able to choose the direction you want to go and you can work where you want to be.
In terms of responsibilities, it will be dependent on the school and the needs of the children. For most, you will be offering 1:1 support to a child with learning difficulties. This can include Autism, ADHD, Down's syndrome, Global Delay, Challenging Behaviour and other learning disabilities.
If you feel this is the right role for you then please contact Hollie Myers at Remedy Education