£80 - £90 per day
16 days ago
Long term perm
Secondary SEN Teaching Assistant required for a school in Kent
The school caters for secondary aged students who have SEND, specifically Severe Learning Difficulties and Autism. A secondary SEN school in Kent are looking for a friendly dedicated SEN Teaching Assistant who can support their pupils, working potentially 1:1 and in small groups. You will be responsible for engaging between working with small mixed ability groups and supporting the classroom teacher.
- SEN Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant
- Kent - Full Time
- ASAP start
- £70-£90 per day, depending on experience
As an SEN teaching assistant, the successful applicant will hold a number of responsibilities.
This is the ideal opportunity to gain the necessary skills and experience for those considering applying to teacher training courses (PGCE, Schools Direct and Teach First) to further your experience working within SEN schools.
- Helping pupils access the curriculum through dedicated support in 1:1 or small groups
- Play a pivotal part in raising attainment throughout school
- Join a hardworking and dedicated team of practitioners
- Making and creating resources,
- Helping to raise the attainment of the students
- Supporting the needs of the students with SEND.
- To work alongside and learn from a talented and supportive team of teachers.
- To develop teaching techniques and communication skills.
- Adapt techniques to suit learners
- To monitor and track pupil progress
- Take on feedback to continually improve your practice.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join this school. If this sounds like you, apply now!
The ideal candidate will have:
- NVQ Level 2/3 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent
- Experience of working in a similar role
- A confident manner and will be able to adapt well to different situations
- A genuine passion for working with SEN
- Available to commit to at least July 2021
If you are interested in this role, please apply below.
Remedy is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, or sexual orientation.