29 days ago
Science Teacher - Mainstream School - Southwark, South East London
Remedy Education is currently recruiting for qualified and experienced Science Teachers to work in our Mainstream Secondary school based in Southwark South East London.
Purpose of the role:
- To effectively deliver and teach relevant lesson plans to KS4 students
- To undertake associated pastoral and general teaching duties to provide a high-quality education to the pupils
- To ensure the needs of the School are met with proficiency and professionalism
What will be required of you:
- Follow the Safeguarding Policy and the Behavioural Policy set out by the School
- Teach lessons in an exciting and constructive way
- Create and follow lesson plans to meet the development needs of the students
- Mark all students work, all candidates will be required to do the marking for any work undertaken within the School
- Manage classroom and student behaviour
- Ensure you are up to date with the National Curriculum/School Policies and any other developments that affect your specialist subject
- QTS or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience teaching English to KS4 students
- Ability to communicate effectively with other staff members and build positive relationships
- Excellent understanding of The National Curriculum
- Strong classroom management and behavioural management
- Additional training; Safeguarding, First Aid, Health & Safety
- Previous experience teaching within the UK
- Ability to work on a full-time basis
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for an enhanced criminal record disclosure to be undertaken, together with other safeguarding checks, including obtaining references from previous employers.
If you feel you have the knowledge, skills and experience we are looking for then please submit your CV to Sophie Child at Remedy Education.