£90 - £100 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
Are you an assertive School Finance Assistant looking for a step up? Are you a current School Finance Officer looking for a new challenge? Can you use SIMS and FMS in particular? If you answered yes then please get in touch! We are currently assisting a Primary school in Lambeth to recruit for a School Finance Officer on a temporary basis. The role is full-time, term-time, 35/37 hours per week, starting ASAP, and is a temporary position covering a vacancy. In the first instance it will go on for a few months but this may extend into a permanent position for the right candidate. Applicants will preferably have previous experience of working in an educational establishment, as you will be expected to hit the ground running and deliver a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment.
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist 'School Support' consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding and 'Covid Awareness'
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £100
- flexible hours and working patterns
- an outstanding school to work at, with supportive staff, on-site parking and excellent staff facilities
- Basic transactional day to day finance duties
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and other balance sheet reconciliations
- Produce and monitor invoices, purchase orders, and monitor and record payments
- Updating SIMS and FMS as necessary
- Additional administrative duties as required within the department, including some HR such as starters, leavers and staff absence
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experienced finance officer who is dependable and highly organised with discretion, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- School experience and use of SIMS / FMS is essential
- Technologically literate with strong computer skills including Word and Excel
- Must be able to display high levels of numeracy and literacy skills, as well as good internet skills including use of email
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter and good team worker
- Skill in establishing priorities and managing workloads
- Ability to follow instructions and a flexible approach to work
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of work
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across South East London, even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. If your application is deemed to be suitable, a telephone interview would be offered immediately, documents would be checked online, and you could then be referred to the school for a direct interview process. Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and require all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and UK eligibility checks, along with a full referencing process.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Carly Walters, your 'School Support Services' specialist, via email on or by phone on. We look forward to hearing from you!