Tower Hamlets, London
£10 - £15 per hour
17 days ago
School cook / chef - Tower Hamlets
Remedy Education are currently recruiting for staff to work in a school kitchen in an ongoing long-term contract.
School cooks provide nutritious, balanced and value-for-money meals to children every day in term time.
The role of school cook / catering manager could include:
- Ordering food
- Planning menus according to a fixed budget and following guidelines on nutrition and healthy eating
- Monitoring and managing supplies within a budget
- Supervising the work of catering staff, including allocation of duties and work rotas
- Developing relationships with food suppliers
- Liaising with site manager
- Complying with food safety legislation
Skills and experience you will need
- Excellent communication skills
- Good standards of hygiene
- Organised and methodical
- Experience of catering
- Supervising a team of catering staff
This role would be starting immediately and pay between £10 and £15 per hour depending on experience and responsibilities.
Please contact James at Remedy Education to enquire further or apply for this role.