£10 - £12 per annum
7 days ago
*** PREVIOUS SCHOOL CARETAKER EXPERIENCE IS A MUST *** Applications from candidates with no previous school caretaker experience will not be considered for this role!!
Caretaker for Lewisham Primary School
Salary Scale: £12 - £13 per hour
Contract Term: 4-5 weeks cover
Job Start: ASAP
An opportunity has arisen at an amazing Primary School in Lewisham for a Caretaker to join their team. The successful candidate will need to be flexible, well organised and willing to become part of a friendly, welcoming workforce, which supports the needs of each child within the school.
The school has been recently refurbished and has extensive grounds, which includes a large playing field.
The successful candidate will work alongside the cleaners with the key responsibilities of the caretaker being:
- To ensure the premises are secure
- To repair, decorate and ensure the general maintenance of the school site
- To support the smooth day to day running of the school
- An awareness of health and safety legislation
- To contribute to the development of the school premises and grounds
- To be responsible for the health and safety of the school
- Manage the cleaners and anyone else that falls under your remit
Previous experience as a caretaker is preferred, however, candidates should be able to:
- Use their initiative to respond to a range of challenges
- Balance their workload, prioritising tasks and organising their time effectively
- Work independently as well as part of a team
- Communicate positively with all: pupils, parents, staff and Governors
The wellbeing of staff is an important priority therefore they will provide opportunities to ensure that they value your hard work and dedication.
Applicants must have a command of spoken English that is sufficient to effectively carry out duties of the role.
If you are interested in the role then please forward your updated CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.